Wedding signs and table top signs are both popular choices for couples who want to add a personal touch to their wedding décor. However, there are some key differences between the two, and it's important to understand these differences before deciding which option to go with. In this article, we'll explore the differences between wedding signs and table top signs and help you decide which is the best fit for your wedding day.
What are Wedding Signs?
Wedding signs are large, standalone signs that are typically placed throughout the wedding venue. They can be made from a variety of materials, including wood, chalkboard, and acrylic, and can be customized with any text or design that the couple desires. Some common uses for wedding signs include:
- Welcome Signs: Placed near the entrance of the venue and welcome guests to the wedding with a welcome sign.
- Directional Signs: Assists guests as they navigate the venue with signs that point them in the direction of the ceremony, reception, and other important areas.
- Seating Charts: Direct guests to their assigned tables.
- Menus: These signs often feature the dinner menu, or are located near the bar with the drink menu.
- Ceremony Signs: Introduce your wedding, guide guests to your ceremony, and greet guests upon arrival.
- Schedule: Share the order of events with your guests as they enter your ceremony or reception.
- Pick a Seat: Invite your guests to sit wherever they choose.
- Unplugged: Request your friends and family remain unplugged throughout the ceremony.
What are Table Top Signs?
Table top signs are smaller signs that are typically placed on the tables at the reception. They can also be made from a variety of materials and can be customized with any text or design. Some common uses for table top signs include:
- Favor Signs: Announce your gift for your guests with a proper introduction.
- Guest Book Signs: Ask your guests politely to sign your guest book that will forever be a keepsake.
- Cards & Gift Signs: Give your guests a location to leave thoughtful gifts.
- Loving Memory Signs: Recognize those you love and have lost.
- Reserved Seating Signs: This sign is the perfect way to signify where particular friends or family will be seated.
- Share the Love: Perfect for reminding your guests of your wedding hashtag.
Differences Between Wedding Signs and Table Top Signs
While both wedding signs and table top signs can be customized with any text or design, there are some key differences between the two.
- Size: Wedding signs are typically larger than table top signs, as they need to be seen from a distance. Table top signs are smaller and meant to be viewed up close.
- Placement: Wedding signs are placed throughout the venue, while table top signs are placed on particular tables at the ceremony or reception.
- Function: Wedding signs often provide guidance to your guests, while table top signs give useful suggestions to your friends and family.
- Cost: Wedding signs cost slightly more than our table top signs, as they are much larger.
Which is the Best Fit for Your Wedding?
Both our large wedding signs and the table top signs serve different purposes. Paired together, the use of both of these styles of signs ease the chaos of a wedding day greatly. Using both wedding signs and table top signs can also help create a sense of organization and flow at your wedding. By labeling different areas and providing important information to guests, you can ensure that everyone knows where they need to be and what is happening at each point in the celebration. Additionally, incorporating personal touches like meaningful quotes or song lyrics can add a sentimental and romantic feel to the wedding décor. Overall, the use of both wedding signs and table top signs can help make your wedding day more memorable and enjoyable for both you and your guests.